Data Entry Notes
- contains the Surnames and Queries that have
been submitted to the WMGS.ORG site by people
looking to strike a connection, or needing
- When people enter this data they enter either a
Surname/County combination, OR they can enter a
Query, where there is some narrative about what
they are looking for.
- To submit a query for a surname type it in the
Surname field Put only a SINGLE surname into the
Surname field. Once the new Record is added the
surname will be SOUNDEX encoded so future searchers
can find it by SOUNDEX or by spelling.
- You can add several similar names to the
Alternate Spellings Field for a common Query. They
will all be able to be seached in the Surname
field, but only the name in the Surname Field will
be SOUNDEX coded for the SOUNDEX search.
- You MUST choose a County from the pop up menu.
If the County you are wanting to list in isn't
listed, then it isn't part of "Western Michigan".
You can choose more than one County for your
submission - Hold down the Command (Apple) key on a
Macintosh while clicking additional selections. On
a Windows PC hold down the Control Key while making
- Your Name
- Enter your name here.
- Enter your eMail address here. Then when
another researcher finds a match they can eMail you
directly to ask about the information.
- Your Home
- If you have your Genealogy listed on a WWW
page, you can enter the address of it here to have
that address show on the search results for anyone
who finds your listed surname(s) in this